This small three-arched mosque surmounted by a dome, measures 13×10 feet. Behind it was a set of rooms which have now dwindled. Its well has been filled up. On a chabutarah, near it, is a life-size red stone sculpture of a horse, and on another, a tombstone. There is a Persian inscription carved in relief on three panels above the arches. It records that Itibari Khan, who had a noble status by the grace of king jehangir, built this mosque for Khwajah Kafur on the road (From Agra to Delhi) in Hijri 1015/1605 A.D. Itibar Khan Khawajasara was an important Noble and Nazir (Superintendent) of Jehangir’s Harem.
He was extremely loyal, true to his title ‘Itibar’, and Jehangir reposed total faith in him. He has admired him several times in his memoirs. Itibar Khan was governor of Agra in 1622. With charge of the defence of the Fort and the Treasury. In 1623 when the rebel prince Shahjehan tried to take Agra, Itibar Khan successfully defended it against him. He was given the new title of ‘Mumtaz Khan’ and mansab of 6000 Zat and 5000 Sawar. He died the same year.
It seems that Khwajah Kafur was a Sufi Saint and Itibar Khan built this mosque for him and also a few living rooms and a well. The Tomb near the stone horse seems, obviously, to be that of Khwajah Kafur and the stone horse, a replica of his pet horse. Itibar Khan’s vast ‘Rauzah’ (Garden-Tomb) was also situated in the neighbourhood. This monument is protected and conserved by the Archaeological Survey of India (Government of India).